Here's some interesting activity from Interactive Media in Retail Group:
- During the 2014 holiday shopping season, mobile accounted for 70% of the orders taken through Walmart’s digital business.
- In the month of May 2015 alone, European m-commerce sales grew 48%.
From Juniper Research:
- By 2016 more than 90 Million Americans will have redeemed at least one digital coupon, and 45% of mobile device users will use mobile coupons.
It needs to be easy! (for both consumers and businesses) That’s why SMS/Text-messaging works well.
- It doesn’t require a separate mobile app to be downloaded, installed, and maintained.
- Text messaging is a regular activity for the young and the old alike.
- Consumers are comfortable with it.
Clear objectives and a coupon strategy is required:
- Is the goal to build loyalty? Increase sales? Capture customer data?
- Beware of discounts:
- They put downward pressure on margins
- The perceived value of your product/service can be discounted
- Consumers become reluctant to purchase at full price if coupons are not available
- Offer tangible & specific value to your customer (avoid “10% off everything”)
- Set time limits on all promotions
- Keep information (on the coupon) clear and simple
- If your goal is to build loyalty, start by building trust with your customer over multiple campaigns. Provide value. Establish your credibility within your market.
- Ensure that measurement is part of your campaign. It helps you understand the ROI and ROO (Return on Objective).
Make it attractive:
- Use professional graphics/design to elevate your brand
- Make it interactive & fun!
- Change it up! Make the offers new and interesting so people will come back.
Mezzo Interactive can help you set up a mobile strategy for your business as well as create mobile-ready content that is accessible via text-messaging services. Contact us today!